Friday, December 27, 2013

Pickles for Dad ..


My plan was for my dad to get a bathrobe for christmas too. But after I struggled so much with the collar, I lost interest.

So Plan B.
A present for my dad? For me the most difficult every year.

But this time I had an excellent idea.
My dad loves pickled things like olives, onions, dried tomatoes and a lot more. He is also the one, who bought these goodies  for at home and I was always the one, who cleared his stock during my duration of studying. By the end of my stay he asked me every time, wether you couldn't buy olives in Vienna.


recipe
Pickled hot chili, pickled fresh cherry tomatoes with thyme and schallots in balsamic with Herbs de Provence



So this year dad got pickled food and for someone, who has everything it was the perfect solution.

Dad got:

Shallots in balsamic with Herbs de Provence

Dried tomatoes in balsamic with Herbs de Provence

Dried tomatoes in honey-lavender-oil

Pickled hot chili

Garlic cloves in oil with oregano

Pickled fresh cherry tomatoes with thyme

Fresh chili with red pepper



recipe
Fresh chili with red pepper, pickled fresh cherry tomatoes with thyme and schallots in balsamic with Herbs de Provence



recipe


I found the recipes online, but I didnt follow the instructions completely. Some spices were added or left out. So its always exciting, how it will taste. The shallots and the garlic were already savored and were delicious.


Back to top

No comments:

Post a Comment