Wednesday, December 4, 2013

My guinea pig..

Hectors present is the first one on my list. Because of him I had the idea to make all christmas presents myself. I wanted to sew him a teddy bear, but then I found a pattern for a stuffed bunny, that seemed to be easier to make - I am not too great at sewing yet, so the bear has to wait.

free pattern


I found the pattern on Kimmys Freizeit.

But the first guinea pig should be for Irma. For that I used an old pillowcase and a worn-out shirt.
I tried really hard, but somehow the stuffed bunny doesnt look exactly like the sample.
Especially the body doesnt make sense, so I turned it 180 degrees. Now the bunny has a flat belly and two bottom cheeks. Because of that I could sew on a bobble too.

So he is a little bit more exciting for Irma, I stuffed a capsule of a kinder surprise egg - that was filled with raw lentils - into the bunnies belly. Now it has a bobble and rattles.

To sew the stuffed bunny was relatively easy, but to make a pretty face was definitely a challenge for me. It seems so simple, it took a couple of attempts to having both eyes at the same height and also to sew the nose. After I tried out a couple of methods, I found that Stricktwist was the easiest.

Here you can see my first self-sewed stuffed bunny. It doesnt look exactly like the original, but I still am proud of myself.

free pattern
free pattern





Back to top

No comments:

Post a Comment