Monday, December 23, 2013

handprints.. footprints..

Today were going to my parents in the country, to spend Christmas Eve with them.

So our beautiful christmas tree payed off, we had a little Christmas with friends at home. Even though we only gave each other little things, they were still placed under the tree and everyone was permitted to open them right away.

Irma was allowed to unwrap her snow bunny and like I expected, she was only interested in the wrapping paper.

Vladimir got an acrylic-picture with Irmas hand and foot prints from Irma and me.
Additionally I glued two golden frames on the picture. The smaller frame is made out of metal and is open on one side, so you can move pictures or photos in and out, where I inserted a cute picture of them.

What I didnt expect was, that the most difficult part was to get the hand and foot prints on the canvas. Irma sternly didnt want to hold still and was so unfamiliar to the situation, so that she full-throated protested and wasnt willing to give me her hands and feet.
Without the help from my mom I wouldnt have been able to do it. It took a couple of attempts and messes, but in the end a pair of feet and a pair of hands landed on the canvas.

My mom was joking, that later on Irma could tell her psychiatrist where she had her first trauma from. Mom used her for art!
Ok, so the picture didnt turn out to be fine art and it probably will find itself a place in the kids room and not the living room, but sometime in the future the prints will be a beautiful memory how tiny our little baby girl was ..

Acrylbild

hang glider dragon fly




I stole the idea from 
http://paintingmehappy.blogspot.co.at/

dragonflies



http://www.pinterest.com/tans81/crafts-anything-hand-footprints/


hang glider



and
www.paolazakimi.com

Acryl picture








Back to top

No comments:

Post a Comment