Saturday, December 28, 2013

Chocolate..

 
The most difficult person to find a present for christmas was my brother, the musician. Like I said, old bass-synthesizers are his biggest delight, but handcrafting a Synth is not going to happen and if youre happy whatsoever then I would think chocolate is the perfect thing.

I made it easy for myself, but with effort ;) and created my own chocolate creations for him.

recipe


Its really easy. Get the chocolate to melt, put it in a form and then sprinkle it with anything you wish.

Just be careful:
1.     Protect the chocolate from direct heat. The best way is to let it melt in a bucket in the bathtub.

2.     The water cant be too hot, approx. 104F so the chocolate wont scorch.

3.     The chocolate must not come into contact with the water - it happened to me personally and let me tell you, it doesnt look pretty.

4.     The melted chocolate must be tempered, so it maintains its shine. Thereby the heated chocolate gets cooled down again. There are more methods to do that. I used the inoculation method. You take the bowl with the melted chocolate from the bathtub and little by little blend in minced cold chocolate pieces. Through the blending the cold pieces melt and with them the chocolate.


I have these tips from the book Süsse Versuchungen, written by the authors of Pralinenclub.

recipe



My creations:

White chocolate blended with Matcha and grey poppy

White chocolate with Matcha, sprinkled with rose leaves

White chocolate with Matcha and pink pepper berries

Dark chocolate blended with chili powder and placed ginger

Dark chocolate blended with orange, cinnamon and cardamom. Sprinkled with pistachios.

Dark chocolate with hazelnut brittle and lavender

Milk chocolate with black sesame and rose leaves

Milk chocolate with roasted and salted peanuts and cranberries







Back to top

No comments:

Post a Comment