Friday, December 27, 2013

Jultomten brought a bathrobe for mom..


My mom loves to lounge in her bathrobe and drink her coffee in the morning before everyone wakes up.
Her old bathrobes were a little worn out, so I got a pattern from Burda and got talked into buying a royal blue Nicki fabric by the sales person too. The sun will very well rise in the morning, her argument was. Oh well!

The bathrobe should be with a collar, without a hood and should reach down to around the knees, because thats the length my mom is most comfortable with.

On one Sunday in Advent Vladimir grabbed Irma and they spent the whole day together. So I could easily concentrate on sewing the bathrobe.

burda style patternEverything was just fine until I got to the collar. I swear, I spent a couple of hours cursing, trying to attach the collar reasonably to the robe. The instructions, that came with the pattern definitely didnt help.

Despite of reading it a thousand times and trying to think logically, I didnt understand the sewing language. It was horrible!  So much time wasted, because I  couldnt comprehend! And yet it on the pattern it said EASY!
But as I mentioned earlier, I am still a sewing newbie and that became very obvious.

At some point I had a light bulb moment and I managed to attach - without the instructions - the collar. It could be, that by chance I sewed it on correctly, the bathrobe looks quite acceptable and with all the cursing it still comes from the heart, dear mom.





Burda style pattern





Back to top

No comments:

Post a Comment