Thursday, August 7, 2014

An Angry Bird- bathrobe for Edgar..

Edgar, my nephew, really wanted to spend his vacation with his grandparents in Sweden. He is already 7 and of course vacation without parents is doable.

I sewed a Jedi-bathrobe for Ville and since both boys are approximately the same age I wanted to sew Edgar one too.
When I asked him wether he liked Star Wars though, he answered with a clear MEEH. He doesnt like Star Wars at all, instead he likes Cars and Angry Birds.
Im glad, that I hadn't started with his bath robe yet.
burda style Umschlag Cover Fertigschnitte


I used the pattern from Burda, that I cut a little smaller like with the Jedi-bathrobe.

The hood consists of an inner one and an outer one. The eyes and brows I sewed in a thick zick- zack on the outer hood.

Between the centered seam of the outer hood I sewed a couple of red crest feathers on the top and a couple of black tail feathers in the neck.

Between the inner and outer hood I sewed on a yellow beak.

I tailored the robe in the same size as the Jedi-bathrobe, I just made the sleeves and the hood a lot smaller.
pattern Burda



pattern Burda


In Sweden you go swimming in the summer, when the sun is shining, its raining or when the weather is not that great. Because it doesnt get hot very often. Most of the time the water is even warmer than the air, so a fluffy bathing robe comes in handy, when you come out of the water.

Here you can see both boys with their new bath robes. Yes, the robes are still a little too big and have room to grow into. Hopefully they will like Star Wars and Angry Birds for another couple years! Otherwise they will be passed on to their younger brothers.



pattern Burda
pattern






Back to top

No comments:

Post a Comment