Thursday, August 7, 2014

A Jedi-bathrobe for Ville..


burda style Umschlag Cover Fertigschnitte

Ville now is 6 years old and I really had no idea, what I could sew, that he would be happy with.
Since I am sure a stuffed animal is too boring for him and of course I cant sew Lego or something similar.
So my Cousin Karin suggested to make him a Jedi-bath robe. Because Ville is a huge Star Wars fan and wanted to have a Jedi-costume for a long time now.
Perfect, couldnt be better. I still had the Burda patter for the bathrobe, that I made for my mom on Christmas. My mom is not really tall, so the size should work.



I thought it would be unnecessary to get a pattern for kids. I just used the one I had for my moms, and cheated a couple inches away.

Though I tailored the sleeves very wide and the hood should be oversized for the Jedi-bathrobe too.

On a small piece of sweat-jersey I had someone print the Jedi sign. Originally I wanted to sew it on the chest, but the print turned out to be too big and so I sewed it on the back.


pattern Burda


My nephew Edgar I sewed an Angry Bird- bathrobe.
In this picture the boys are at the beach at the lake Tolken in there a little too big bath robes. But they grow so fast anyway..




pattern

pattern Burda




Back to top

No comments:

Post a Comment