Thursday, February 27, 2014

Pillow- and blanket case for the doll bed..

My mom thought, that a doll should change its bedding every once in a while.
And by now in know, Moms are always right ;)
Thats why I have the whole thing in yellow here with sewing instructions.

DIY


1.     Measure the pillow and the blanket. In my case the measurements for the pillow are 9x6.2 and for the Blanket 15x10.2.

2.     You can cut the fabric in one piece. That means, the length times 2 plus the tuck-in of approx. 4 plus the seam allowance of approx. 0.4-0.8 times width.

For the pillow that would be 9 + 9 + 4 + 0.8 = 22.8 length and 6.2 + 0.8 = 7 width.

But since I dont have that big of a piece of fabric I cut the back piece with 9x6.2 plus the seam allowance and the front piece with 13 (length + tuck in) x 6.2 plus seam allowance. 

3. Sew together one short end of the front and back piece. 

4. On the stitched side of the front piece, wrap the added 4 tuck-in, pin it and if you want staple along the side together so the fabric wont get out of place, when you sew the front and back pieces together.

sewing instructions

I have to admit, I shouldve ironed the fabric before, but if I dont have to, I fight against it! Ironing is just really boring and in time the wrinkles disappear anyways. I know, I am lazy..

The tuck-in serves the purpose, to later hide the pillow in it. 

sewing instructions


5. Lastly, sew the front and back pieces right on right on both long sides and on the not yet sewed short end together.
Obviously the short end with the tuck-in wont be sewed together, so you can insert the
pillow/blanket later on.


sewing instructions


Done.



Back to top

No comments:

Post a Comment