Monday, February 17, 2014

Finally the dolls have a face..





free pattern

Until now I didnt dare to give the rag dolls faces.
Especially when I think about, how hard I worked on the eyes and nose of the stuffed bunnies. And one of the bunnies still looks like as if hes not in his right mind.

I didnt want to deform the dolls with a crooked face.
And on top of it Vladimir thought, that it would look better, if the dolls got realistic eyes. But there is still the nose, thats missing. How am I going to put that on that flat face?

But then I found these pictures of rag dolls with different faces in an old 70ies- house wife craftwork book from my mom and even Vladimir had to admit, that the friendliest looking ones had simple eyes and mouth.

I scanned the page. I know, the quality is bad and the faces hard to recognize, but maybe you can get an idea. The doll on the left bottom is definitely my favorite.





So, authentic faces to and fro, theyre just rag dolls and button eyes and a simple mouth look the best. And to make those was no problem with Stricktwist.





free pattern
free pattern




















What an effect a friendly face can have. Before our little Irma didnt know what to do with the dolls, now she gives them more attention. And I even caught her hugging and embracing the doll.






Back to top

2 comments:

  1. Well done, i really like your style and art, be well :j

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Anders, for your support and nice words! You are my biggest fan!! :)

    ReplyDelete