Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Irmas first doll..


Sunday is my first free day. Irma has daddy day and I can do whatever I want.

This sunday I finished sewing a rag doll for Irma.
She doesn’t have a face yet, but that will take a little while, because I think that I did a good job on the doll - ok, I’m mighty proud of myself!
Now I’m a little nervous that I will mess up my piece of art with a crooked face.



free pattern


free pattern
free pattern



I found the pattern for the rag doll at Verflixt und Zugenäht.

Because I find wool on a doll unappetizing, I think the idea with the jersey is great.
Just be careful when you buy it, that the jersey contains spandex!
I tried it with jersey made out of 100% cotton at first and that didn’t work at all.

Irma’s doll also should get bangs. But the cut hair just doesn’t want to hang down, instead they are pointing horizontally. That really doesn’t look pretty. So I hid the short jersey hairs under the ponytail hair.

Other than that I didn’t really have any problems. The pattern and the approach are explained very well.
Because most of the things are almost impossible to sew with the sewing machine, I had to sew by hand, and discovered, that it is extremely relaxing to sew by hand. Especially when a doll evolves from it and not just a button is sewed on.




Back to top

No comments:

Post a Comment