Saturday, November 29, 2014

An advent calendar is a must!



Yes, I know, Irma is still too little, to be excited about and advent calendar. She is only turning 2 in April and doesnt understand the whole hustle around Christmas.
But that doesnt matter, I love Christmas and now I have a good reason to have an advent calendar too.

Until I moved out, my mom put up an advent calendar with little bags, filled with little goodies,  every year. Without was no option and now Irma should get one too.

So I was sewing like crazy, to finish the advent calendar before December.

And here is my first self made advent calendar..

advent calendar





All figures are sewed double and in between I sewed in fleece, so the pockets are firmer.
The little pockets are made out of quilt. Therefor one side stays open, so you can put something in it.









Here you can find the pattern for the adventcalendar.

On the upper edgeI sewed in 3 loops, so you can pull trough the bar. So can hang the quilt on the wall.

Measurements for the advents calender



The idea for the houses I found on the website of ginihouse3

The idea for the reindeers I found here.





Back to top

No comments:

Post a Comment