Saturday, November 16, 2013

Out of old make new.. Irmas kids room dresser..

I really wanted to get rid of this dresser. I thought it looked like a huge, spooky coffin, who weighs a felt ton and looks horrible. In my opinion a really mean object.
Because Vladimir wasnt too fond of it either, but didnt want to throw it away, I tried to sell it on the internet. Even then no one wanted to have it and who can blame them!!


DIY
and after..
DIY
Before


I couldnt get rid of this thing and so it found itself between the moving boxes and I was still lumbered with it.
Since we didnt have anything to lose and I had furniture-paint-fever, this monstrosity had to bite the dust too.
So Irmas room wouldnt become too green, we chose a light maroon tone and a strong blue tone as final colors, fitting the bench mattress fabric.


DIY
DIY





















I admit, I still wouldnt put this dresser in the living room.
But it fits surprisingly well into the kids room. It reminds me a little of Alice in Wonderland.
None the less it now seems a lot friendlier and nobody has to be scared of any villains in the dresser.



Back to top

No comments:

Post a Comment