Thursday, December 25, 2014

For Heki a kindergarten backpack..

My sister and I both ordered a Fjällräven-backpack Kånken from my mom, without knowing from each other.
One of them should be for my nephew Edgar for leisure activities and I wanted a mini one for Irma, which she could use as kindergarten backpack.
Mirjam and I even decided on the same color, navy blue.

Ive known this backpack since I was a kid and when we were in Sweden I saw that they had a mini version. I didnt have the time to buy it though. So I asked my mom.

Irma is starting kindergarten in September and since Im not a big fan of clothing her in Hello Kitty and other popular figures, that she doesnt even know about, already, I thought the little simple backpack would be perfect.
In my defense I want to mention, that I found out later on, how popular Fjällräven is in Vienna too!
Irma looks really cute with it, but its a little annoying that every other kid has that backpack. After all I wanted to avoid such fashion information.

Oh well, now Edgar and Irma run around with their cool backpacks, just Heki still wears the one inherited from his big brother. He doesnt really care, but I still wanted to make him his own Heki-backpack for kindergarten.

I used Irmas new backpack as pattern and upgraded it with a couple of tractors - still the boys big love.

I may have been in a Christmas frenzy and just couldnt take clear pictures.
Unfortunately a little blurry .. Hektor got this unstylish, but still individual backpack for Christmas.








This is my first sewed backpack and I think it turned out pretty well.
But of course you cant deny, that it is self made. Especially the front pocket is crooked as a whole it is a little rough around the edges.

Heki is inspecting his new backpack

Obviously he´s super excited about it ;)


Hektor cant sit still for two seconds and would rather put the backpack on his head than putting it on the right way. So Edgar had to play model since I wanted to take a picture of the backpack in action.

Here are some more pictures of Edgar with the backpack, with the same big excitement, but in color coordinated tights.






Back to top

No comments:

Post a Comment